I purchased a dresser from a local discount store a while back for my daughter. I thought I would be able to put it together with no problems. I was wrong. I apparently am not good at putting furniture together. After about a month the drawers just fell out of the dresser. It was kind of funny and kind of not since we couldn’t really use it anymore. Then my Aunt and Uncle called and said they had a few dressers they were trying to get rid of. I jumped on it and picked up two good and solid dressers. The larger one I decided to makeover for my daughter.
The dresser before it’s makeover…….
My daughter’s room is done in what we call ‘Monster High” colors. I had some left over paint from that endeavor so I knew I was either painting this thing pink or turquoise. I let her choose. She picked turquoise.
My Project List:
- Chalkboard Paint
- Paint Brush
- New Knobs
I started by taking off the knobs and sponging the deglosser on the wood to rough up the surface. It took 2 coats. Next I used primer on the entire dresser. When the primer dried I painted two coats of turquoise paint on the dresser and two coats of chalkboard paint on the faces of the drawers. After the drawers dried I chalked them up and wiped them down.
Secured the new knobs and viola a new dresser!!
Here is the dresser in its new home……..
My daughter was excited to have such a colorful dresser and I was excited it was a functioning dresser.
I have big plans for the dresser that I put together terribly. The drawers may not work but dang it the frame is still together so I can so SOMETHING with it.
And as for the other dresser that I got from my Aunt and Uncle, that will be a future post………